- Fully automatic with scanning protocols, saves time
- auto-alignment, auto-focus, auto-exposure, auto-capture
- Very high quality images, TRUE COLOR
- Wide 60 degrees, (up to 150 degrees w. auto montage)
- infrared LED (825-870 nm), white LED (440-650 nm), blue LED (440-475 nm)
- 14 Mpixel (4608 x 3288)
- Red Free
- IR reflectance
- AF, FA (in optional models)
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography Video (FA model only)
- Very Simple to use, touchscreen, intuitive
- Stereo imaging possible for 3D images
- Optional models:
- AF – Autofluorescence
- FA -FluoresceinAngiography
- Very suitable for optician shops too, thanks to the ease of use, no dilation mostly and cost effective performance.
- 2.5 m.m. without dilation (or even less)
- Even cataract works thanks to IR
- CE- marked
- Fully DICOM compatible for standardised integrations w. imaging systems and EMR
- DMWL (Worklist)
- True white light, currently the only true color confocal scanner on the market
- Competitive pricing
The first true color scanning ophthalmoscope.
EIDON is the first system to combine the advantages of SLO with the fidelity of true color imaging, setting new performance standards in retinal imaging. EIDON provides unsurpassed image quality, 60° field in a single exposure, a unique, live, confocal view of the retina, three different imaging modalities and dilation-free operation, all integrated in a versatile system that provides new opportunities in retinal diagnostics.
The device is operated via a tablet with a multi-touch, high resolution, color display; it works with a dedicated software application and operates as a standalone unit. A joystick is provided when manual operation of the device is desired.
EIDON comes in three versions:
EIDON is the first TrueColor Confocal Scanner ever designed, that is the first system to combine the advantages of SLO with the fidelity of true color fundus imaging, setting new performance standards in retinal imaging. Color fidelity and wide field of view, with small pupil and also through cataract, are among the most interesting features of this device.
EIDON AF, with Autofluorescence capability, is the natural evolution of EIDON TrueColor Confocal Scanner. 60° Autofluorescence images for the assessment of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium (RPE) are now available, integrated in EIDON technology. Ease of use and automation make this device essential in enhancing clinical imaging capabilities.
EIDON FA merges together ultra-high resolution and wide field imaging in a fully automated system transforming FluoresceinAngiography as never seen before. EIDON FA inherits the heart of the EIDON technology and provides ultra-high resolution images and videos of Fundus Fluorescein Angiography to study dinamically the retina vasculature.
Please see each PDF above on the three different models, for detailed technical specification etc.
Below is one sample of a Macular Pucker.
The importance of true colors, WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet (WYSIWYG), for more detailed information, please see the Image Gallery PDF and White LED confocal vs. conventional Flash PDF above
The confocal true color technology differs from both traditional fundus cameras and Psedo color Confocal cameras, which is easy to see in the Image Gallery PDF.