Cassini measures the axis of astigmatism precisely.
∆ Cassini <3˚
Cassini measures the magnitude of astigmatism reliably within clinical margins.
∆ Cassini <2˚
Cassini offers instantaneous and precise data capture.
∆ Cassini 0 sec
Submicron accuracy due to color LED triangulation technology.
∆ Cassini <0.8 µM
- For every degree of misalignment, about 3% of the toric IOL cylinder power is lost. Cassini provides the axis ±3°2
- Unique ray-tracing principle using color LEDs
When it comes to managing astigmatism, posterior curvature matters
- In Koch et al., anterior corneal measurements underestimated Total Corneal Astigmatism (TCA) by 0.22 D @ 180° and exceeded 0.50 D in 5% of eyes1
- Selecting toric IOLs based on anterior corneal measurements alone could lead to overcorrection in eyes that have WTR astigmatism and undercorrection in eyes that have ATR astigmatism1
Cassini’s pre-op analysis takes the mystery out of managing astigmatism
- Identify more patients eligible for astigmatism correction and increase your premium procedure volume
- Select the optimal toric IOL power with confidence based on Cassini’s highly accurate TCA measurement
- Place toric IOLs or arcuate incisions for optimal effect with Cassini axis measurement ±3°2
“Cassini TCA helped me select the right IOL in view of my patient’s posterior corneal astigmatism.”
– Cynthia Matossian, MD
Matossian Eye Associates, Doylestown, PA, USA
How does it actually work?
Cassini technology employs red, green and yellow LEDs that are each positioned in a unique relationship to four of its neighbors, giving each one a ’gps-like’ coordinate. Cassini uses the ray-tracing principle to measure the relative position of each point, using the three different colors as ‘triangulation’ points. An elevation increases the distance between points (x) and a depression decreases the distance between points (y). This is displayed in the figure. Because Cassini does not use edge detection in its measurement algorithms, smeared or double reflected LEDs can not skew the results in any direction. This allows the Cassini to effectively image all corneas from regular to highly irregular, and dry eyes.
Full suite of examinations
Cassini offers a full suite of examinations required for toric and multifocal IOL implantation. This includes corneal topography, mesopic and photopic pupillometry as well as full color photography for diagnostic purposes.
First-time right image capture
The alignment guidance tool is intuitive for easy, fast and correct image capture. Color changes indicate the degree of correct alignment. The quality factor is imprinted on each captured image.
Create your own overview
Get a full overview from captured image with true axis details, to elevation maps, tangential (instantaneous) curvature, axial curvature, refractive power, and Zernike terms overview, as well as full keratometry and keratoconus indices. Differential maps can be chosen for any two exams. For a technical description of the Cassini specifications, click the button below.