The company – 40yrs 2021!
Medicolle is a Nordic medtech company, within ophthalmology and optometry. Medicolle was founded in 1986 in Stockholm, where the Nordic office is located. The company name is extracted from Medical collection. The company now has +40 years experience of working with ophthalmology and optometry. We represent many of the world’s leading manufacturers of medical devices, in these areas.
Already from the start, the idea was to represent, market and sell, technically innovative, high quality products, for ophthalmology and optometry, from international leading manufacturers. Our high quality products, support, competent technical service and high service level, form the basis for our commitment in eye care. Our partnership with eye care professionals, has the common goal of delivering best possible care and by that enhanced sight.
From the start in 1981 Medicolle has grown and developed as ophthalmology and optometry has evolved. This evolution has been made possible in part due to the rapid technical development in our industry. By bringing novel sophisticating medical technical instruments to our customers, Medicolle has contributed to better eye care. As the fast technical development results in new improved instruments, our role as product provider, educator and problem solver is as valid today as in our early days.
To be a trusted medtech partner in Nordic eye care. Provide ophthalmology and optometry with products and services of highest quality from world leading manufacturers, having quality and unique features in mind, rather than a specific brand. That said, we consider us to be vendor neutral and think that different devices should be selected based on features, quality and value for the money, rather than a specific name.
We offer our customers fast and competent technical service through its own staff, through our partners and with our clients.
Org. No 556211-7894 VAT No SE556211789401
Medicolle AB shall work to minimize its own environmental impact as far as it is ecologically justified, technically possible and economically reasonable.
We do this by:
- Choose environmentally friendly products, as far as possible and demanded.
- Set requirements for continuous environmental work
- Optimize and coordinate transport to reduce emissions
- Increase our knowledge and commitment to environmental issues that affect us and our products in order to protect the environment and individuals.
- Sort our waste, reuse packaging materials and prevent pollution as far as technically possible.
- Identify, interpret and comply with the environmental laws and other environmental requirements that affect our activity.
Our environmental work will be continuously improved with the help of continuously revised environmental goals and action programmes.
This environmental policy shall be reviewed each time a new environmental review is carried out.
Our quality ambition is to be a professional supplier of medical technology products and software for the eye care and optics industry.
This means that:
• We shall provide a high level of service, fast deliveries, high availability and good response.
• We shall provide expert expertise in our field of operation.
• Through close cooperation with leading manufacturers and a broad network of contacts, offer products with recognized high quality and supplier-independent solutions, as well as systems with unique / innovative features.
• We shall constantly review our working methods to improve ourselves and our operations.
• We must fulfill our own, customers and other binding requirements that affect our operations.
This policy is reassessed every year after the customer survey and compilation of supporting documents has been completed.
Information on personal data processing at Medicolle
Anders Fransén is the data controller responsible for the personal data we process about you, and is responsible for using it in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Personal data processed, purpose and legal basis:
When you do business with Medicolle, we process the following categories of personal information about you:
- Contact information – such as name, address, Org. No, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Customer number – a unique customer number that Medicolle assigns you.
- Correspondance i.e. mails showing any commitments, or support issues etc. that may be needed for future proof or reminders, or for legal reasons like traceability of medical devices.
- Bank or payment details, ID’s for electronic invoicing.
Medicolle processes your personal information in order to enter into and execute agreements with you, and to manage our customer relationship with you, eg. by:
- Identifying and registering in our register of customers who purchases items, ask for support, or want to recieve newsletters (”Customer Register”).
- Contacting you regarding any questions about delivery, payments or products for sale.
We also process your personal information in our records, and may provide the necessary information to the Tax Agency or other authorities if we are required by law to do so, or if we deem it necessary for purposes related to Medicolle e.g. customs clearance, or a third party legitimate interests, e.g. for reporting crimes, loss of deliveries etc.
Recipient of personal data
We share your personal information with our auditors, to the extent required for our accounting; with banks, card networks and other payment system operators, insofar as it is necessary to make payments to or from you; and with authorities if required, see above.
No devices sent to us should contain real patient information. Any patient data still remaining on devices sent in for service might get deleted and should be backed up before sending the device in. Under special conditions (e.g. crashed computer) it might be necessary to include patient data. In this case, the customer is responsible for the secure transportation to us and possibly for the return. If we suspect that patient data might be exposed to unauthorised people, this must be reported according to GDPR regulations.
Any patient data exposed to Medicolle staff only, is treated as highly confidential with professional secrecy. No copies will be made and kept for longer than necessary to repair the device and will be properly deleted afterwards. This will be communicated with the customer. Any patient data sent by public transportation will be encrypted or locked.
Time for treatment
We process your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the respective purposes of our processing. Note that:
We process your personal data in the Customer Register as long as we consider you to be an active Medicolle customer, e.g. during the life time of our medical devices, which will be registered in EUDAMED according to the new MDR legislation, when this service is ready to use.
In order to fulfill the legal requirements for accounting and traceability of medical devices, your personal data can be stored for the lifetime of the device/s , or up to seven years after the calendar year in which the current financial year ended.
You have the right to be informed of how we process your personal data. We do this by providing this Personal Data Processing Information at Medicolle. You may also request a copy of your personal information, and have the right to correct incorrect or incomplete information about yourself. If you find that your personal data is incorrect or processed in violation of law, you also have the right to ask us to stop the processing. You have the right to request deletion of your personal data under certain conditions, for example if the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to assert any of these rights. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Data Inspection, which is the supervisory authority for our personal data processing. You can reach the Data Inspection here.